Thursday, January 18, 2007

ASL Book Hour

I thought this would be a good time to do a blurb for ASL Book Hour. Once every month, in San Diego, we give readings for deaf children at Borders Bookstore in Mission Valley. ASL Book Hour is hosted by Alliance for Language and Literacy for Deaf Children, a nonprofit organization. For more information on this ongoing event, see http://www.deafvision.net/allfordeafchildren/EventCalendar.htm.

This Saturday, January 20, I will be giving a reading for deaf children. I am a children's book illustrator, currently working on a long-term book project, and I have given readings from time to time. If any of you living in San Diego want to take a peek at what I look like in person or meet me or get my autograph, this is your chance! :)

If you are interested in volunteering to give a reading, come to the event this Saturday and I will introduce you to the hosts.

The address for ASL Book Hour is Borders Books, 1072 Camino del Rio North, San Diego. It starts at 10am. Anyone, not only deaf families, is welcome. Bring your child. See you there!

No comments: